LVJC Marshal Division
Safety and security in Las Vegas Justice Court (LVJC) is a priority. The Marshal Division prides itself on the core values of Excellence, Accountability, and Respect.
The LVJC Marshals are responsible for the security and safety of LVJC Judges, Hearing Masters, staff, civilians, an in custody defendants.
LVJC Marshals are category I Peace Officers that:
- Provide court security and related services
- Prevent or address disturbances
- Respond to emergency situations within the Justice Courts
- Remand persons to custody as ordered by the judge
- Provide first aid and CPR as needed
The LVJC Marshals cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in matters relating to the apprehension of offenders and the investigation of criminal offenses. LVJC Marshals attend training sessions on changes in laws pertaining to arrests, the use of force, and other law enforcement related issues. The LVJC Marshals maintain contact with citizens regarding potential law enforcement problems and preserve good relationships with the public.
LVJC Marshals Division