Licensed Researcher's Info & Form
- When record searches are performed, the criminal information system will be checked by Defendant Name and date of birth (DOB).
- A research request will not be performed if only a name is provided to research. A birth date must be provided to verify a Defendant’s identity.
- The statutory research fee must accompany the request. This fee is $1.00 per year, per name, for each year searched.
- After research request forms are completed, they may be picked up at any customer service window along with the original receipt of fees. If you want the forms returned by mail, please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Research requests will be processed in the order they are received using customer service records as documentation of the time that the request is received. Please allow a minimum of 5 - 7 judicial (working) days for requests to be completed.
Notice to Researchers
To commence a research request, the Las Vegas Justice Court has a form which requires a researcher to list a defendant's name and date of birth. In response to the request, the Court issues a "Case History Summary" with information about all the defendant's cases in our case-management system.
Some defendants have more than one birthday associated with a case, due to the fact that the District Attorney's Office and the Clark County Detention Center may occasionally receive different documentation relating to the same defendant.
Therefore, in order to avoid confusion, the Las Vegas Justice Court's "Case History Summary" will no longer display the particular date(s) of birth assigned to individual cases. Instead, the "Case History Summary" will merely reflect search results where the birthday provided by the researcher appears in the case record, either alone or in conjunction with other dates of birth tied to that record.
Disclaimer: Although the research information provided by Court employees is believed to be correct, information is provided on an “as is” basis, and accuracy and/or completeness cannot be guaranteed. The Las Vegas Justice Court disclaims liability for any errors or omissions relating to the research information provided. Moreover, in no event shall the Las Vegas Justice Court be liable for any damages, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of the provision of research information.