Criminal FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

I missed my court date, did my case go into warrant, what can I do?

You may call the office at (702) 671-3201 to find out if the case is in warrant. If your case is in warrant, you must appear in person at the Las Vegas Justice Court Criminal Clerk’s Office located at 200 Lewis Avenue on the 2nd floor of the Regional Justice Center to have the case rescheduled. If you have an attorney or public defender you must contact them to have it resolved.

How do I find out if my Criminal case has been filed? Or when is my next court date?
Click here for a records and/or calendar search.
How do I take care of a warrant? What can I do if I live out of state?
The warrant will stay in effect until it is recalled or quashed by a Judge. To resolve a criminal warrant, the defendant must do one of the following:

1. If you are represented by an attorney, please contact them for assistance. Individuals represented by the Public Defender's Office should contact them for assistance.

2. If you are not represented by an attorney, you can schedule a court appearance by coming to Justice Court Criminal Customer Service window, located on the 2nd floor at 200 Lewis Avenue.

3. If you live out of state and do not have an attorney or public defender, you may send a letter to the judge requesting the warrant to be recalled. Include your case number in the correspondence, and mail your request to:

Justice Court, Las Vegas Township Criminal Records Division
200 Lewis Avenue, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 552511
Las Vegas, NV 89155-2511
Or Fax to (702) 382-4078.

Please ensure your request includes your case number, daytime telephone number and an explanation as to why you are unable to attend court.
How can I get information about my fine?
Call the Customer Service line at (702) 671-3201.
How do I get copies of documents, or search for a case?
You may come to Las Vegas Justice Court Clerk’s office, 2nd floor.  Payments are accepted at  the Justice Court Clerk’s Office during regular  business hours by cash, VISA©, MASTERCARD®, ATM and Debit cards, Personal Check, Money Order, or Cashier's Check. Be sure to write the case number on the check or Money Order.

Or mail the copy request form with your payment to: 

Las Vegas Justice Court, Criminal Division
200 Lewis Avenue, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 552511
Las Vegas, NV 89155-2511

Send the payment for the criminal case through the USPS using a Personal Check, Money Order, or Cashier's Check. Be sure to write the case number on the Personal Check, Money Order or Cashier's Check.

Do not send cash.