Community Service Program
Community Service in lieu of
Civil Infraction Fines & Fees Information
Defendants assessed a civil penalty are authorized to perform community service in lieu of payment at a court-approved nonprofit organization without the need of a court order.
Defendants who live in Clark County, Nevada jurisdiction must perform community service at a court-approved nonprofit organization. Community service hours must be reported on the court-approved timesheet.
Defendants who live outside of the Clark County, Nevada jurisdiction may perform community service at any nonprofit organization with current 501(c)(3) status. Community service hours must be reported on the court-approved out of state timesheet. Please review the Las Vegas Justice Court Local Rules of Practice 7.11(c) and Administrative Order 22-10 for additional instructions. All information must be included on the timesheet in order for hours to be reviewed and processed.
Effective October 1, 2023, Community Service in lieu of Civil Infraction Fine & Fees will be calculated at an hourly rate of $15.00 (per NRS 176.087) and hours are rounded up to whole number. Example of calculation:
Total Civil Infraction Fines & Fees: $215.00
Total Hours to be worked: 14 hours
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND TIMESHEET INSTRUCTIONS ***
- Completed timesheet must be submitted to the Court no later than 10 business days prior to the due date on bottom of the citation (excluding holidays and weekends). Timesheet can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- Hand-delivered to the Las Vegas Justice Court Customer Service Division, 200 Lewis Ave, 1st Floor, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Mailed to Las Vegas Justice Court, 200 Lewis Ave, 2nd Floor, Las Vegas, NV 89155
- Emailed to LVJCCommunityService@ClarkCountyNV.gov
- Faxed to (702)-671-3183
- E-filed on www.efilenv.com
- Timesheets that are worn, torn or soiled may be rejected.
- Participant must initial perjury statement at bottom of timesheet.
- Falsifying timesheets has serious repercussions.
CONTACT USLas Vegas Justice Court Community Service Program
Regional Justice Center
200 Lewis Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone # (702) 671-3116 (Monday - Thursday 7:30 A.M to 5:30 P.M)
Fax # (702) 671-3183
In-Person Registration, Visit Customer Service, 1st Floor
Monday through Thursday 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. and/or
Friday 8 A.M to 4 P.M excluding Weekends and Holidays
Have Questions? FAQ Page
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A COMMUNITY SERVICE WORK PROGRAM WORKSITE? More information